Melissa is Reading Kingdom’s community manager and mom to two daughters, 4 dogs, 2 cats, and 2 tortoises. She is also an advocate for children with special needs as her youngest daughter suffers from Cerebral Palsy. Another major passion for Melissa is animal welfare and she volunteers as a foster parent for stray and abandoned animals.
- Top 100 Sight Words and How to Teach Them posted on April 20, 2011
- How to Teach Kids Punctuation posted on May 24, 2011
- Sight Words: What We Fail to See posted on October 25, 2010
- Learning activities for kids: How to make a keystone puzzle posted on February 28, 2012
- Educational activities for kids: How to Make Your Own Reed Boat posted on January 10, 2012
""Reading Kingdom is the only program I recommend in my book because it is fun for kids, easy to use, well grounded in research and IT WORKS! In my opinion, there is no better program out there that teaches children all the skills needed to become a proficient reader.""
""I have personally used Reading Kingdom with a wide range of students. It provides the most complete method for teaching reading and writing that I have seen in the eleven years that I have been teaching primary students. Thank you for this outstanding program.""
""The program addresses the deficiencies seen in phonics and the whole language approach to reading...I highly recommend this for those of you who have early readers like I do. The financial investment will garner huge returns for you.""