Reading Kingdom allows you to use either an on-screen keyboard, or an external physical keyboard and mouse with the program.
How to switch:
When you log in and you go to the reader page, at the top of the page just below the “Click to continue” button is the option. You can choose either:
- “Use an onscreen keyboard for the program”
- “Use a physical keyboard for the program”
You can switch your typing method at any time.
Reasons why you might want to use the on-screen keyboard:
- it can be easier for young children to use than a physical keyboard
- for our foreign subscribers, you don’t have to worry about the variations between different countries’ keyboards
- if you are using Reading Kingdom on an iPad, an Android tablet, or a Windows tablet, you need to use the on-screen keyboard.
Also, please note that if you are using an external keyboard and mouse, we recommend using an external standard or over-sized mouse rather than an optical track-pad, track-ball or other mouse/pointing device.
If you have any questions, contact us.
If your children haven’t started to learn and play with Lingo and company yet, click here to sign up for a free 30 day trial of our online learning program and game. Compatible with both tablets and computers, your kids can learn to read in any place at any time with Reading Kingdom!