By Jean Van’t Hul for artfulparent.com
It’s spring! The leaves are unfurling, the flowers are blooming, birds are building nests and gardens are growing.
It’s time to get outside and enjoy the spring weather. It’s time to learn what we can from spring and nature and the world opening up around us. And it’s time to explore spring colors and themes through arts and crafts and spring activities.
We know how busy you are, though, so we’ve made it easy for you.
We’ve compiled a list of 30 spring crafts and activities for your family to pick and choose from, including nature crafts, outdoor activities, and books about spring.
There are a lot of good ones here! Choose a couple to try now and pin or bookmark this list to come back to when you’re ready for another spring craft or activity for the kids.
Happy spring and happy artful parenting!
9 Spring Nature Crafts for Kids
With spring crafts, we’re often using flowers and other nature items, spring colors such as pinks and yellows and chartreuse greens, and spring themes, such as gardening, baby animals, and nesting birds. Here are some favorite spring crafts for kids and families.
- Flower Petal Stained Glass Door
- A Flower Suncatcher Craft for Kids – Turn Flowers into Birds & Butterflies!
- Make A Magical 3D Nature Suncatcher From A Cardboard Box
- DIY Flower Crowns and Necklaces
- Simple Flower Crowns for Kids from Paper Bags
- How to Make a Fairy House for Kids With Air Dry Clay
- Make Clay Leaf Prints and Pendants
- Try a Painted Branch Project on ArtBar
- Create These Beautiful Flower Flags With Flower Pounding for Kids
Read more here.
Help your child learn to read with Reading Kingdom. Sign up today for a free 30 day trial.