The Reading Kingdom for early readers
Children as young as four who have not yet learned to identify letters or use a mouse and keyboard can learn to read using this program.
If your student is not yet reading, here's how to tell if he or she is ready for the program.
- Can your student regularly sit and carry out school like activities for 15 minutes at a time?
- Does your student consistently speak in sentences? Examples:
- "What are we going to do today?"
- "My friend did not come to school today. She was sick."
- Can your student match shapes?
For example, can he or she identify which of the three shapes on the right matches the one in the left column?
- Can your student hold crayons or magic markers to create drawings?
If you answered YES to these 4 questions you will find that the Reading Kingdom is an ideal program to use. It teaches all the skills your student needs to become a successful reader and writer.
Here is a brief 5 minute assessment to determine if your child is ready to do the Reading Kingdom: